Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Father's Day



Good morning, it is time for another mojo sketch; Mojo139.  I really like today's sketch, I hope you will play along with us!  I wanted to use the colors from the Embellish Challenge and thought they looked manly so I made my Dad a Father's Day card.  I layered the stars to give depth.  I used the Brook Collection Designer paper from Crate Paper.  I added a little distressing and stitching.  Have a wonderful week, we are going to my step daughters this weekend to our granddaughter's dance recital.  We look forward to this every year, but even more so this year.  The last two months have been trying with my dh's heart and it's not over yet.  Keep us in your prayers.  It will be so nice to get away for a bit.  Enjoy!
.
.
.
Stamps:  Dad's Day(Verve)
Paper:  Mud Pie(Bazzil), Brook Collection(Crate Paper)
Ink:  Really Rust(SU) and Frayed Burlap(Tim Holtz)
Accessories:  Janome, QuickKutz Nesting Labels, Button, Hemp Twine, Star Nesties, Ribbon, Distressing Tool, Embossing Folder, and 3D Foam Squares

20 comments:

  1. What a great card! I really like how you layered all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Teresa! I love the way you layered the stars to add dimension. Know that I'm thinking of you and your family...this year will be better for sure! Have a great trip!

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout today. I love layering of the stars. Awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Father's Day card! Wonderful colors and such a great take on the sketch. How did you like the MCC class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. MCC is not going anywhere, so I am sure you will be able to take the class at another time. Hope you DH is doing better... and also hope it is nothing serious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this fabby Dad's card. The colors and papers are yum!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this and all those fun stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Love the colours and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teresa, your dad will LOVE this card! Seems like forever since I saw you and talked to you. Will definitely keep you and DH in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great colors and a wonderful idea for a masculine card (which I always have problems with!)

    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dimension and use of the sketch Teresa. Love the distressing, twine and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layering... your father will love this awesome card!
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SUCH a great Father's Day card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card! I like how you layered all of the stars. I like the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful Father's Day card. I love all those layers, and stars!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Love this card. Love the Stars, the colours and layers. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun card! Love the elements you've got going here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*